Monday, January 25, 2010

Anna & Chico




I watched Julie & Julia last week. Not a movie I thought I’d enjoy actually, but to my surprise, it was rather charming. And it got me thinking of how I have so many cookbooks, but have probably made only a handful of the recipes. Cooking is a fairly new hobby of mine. I never really liked doing it, until I had a husband who enjoyed eating my creations. (The fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right?) And since my friend Jamie & I recently unearthed a new love for vintage aprons, cooking has taken on a whole new adventure! So just like in the movie, I selected a cookbook to work my way through. I shall make every dish in A Montana Table, Recipes from Chico Hot Springs Resort by Seabring Davis (2003). After a proper taste-test, I intend to blog my experience, again like the film, so I can enjoy reading about my antics 20 years from now. I’m not a writer or even a chef, per se, but I do like to tap into my creative side every now & then. And this little project feels like it could be a fun journey!
In a loud whimsical Julia Child accent, “Bon Appetit!”

3 comments:

  1. ~hahaha~ I was just thinking about how after the movie Yes Man, I did the "jogging photography" like in the movie. Apparently, I am very influenced by films!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lets delete the high flying stunt films from our list of must watch movies!!!

    ReplyDelete