Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recipe #10: The Fattest Tuesday Ever!? Not quite.


Well, I tried not to make it the fattest Tuesday ever. But the potential was definitely there since today really is FAT TUESDAY! Initially I was gonna make a traditional southern N’awlins’ Mardi Gras meal, but since I was planning on dining solo, I figured one person really doesn't need such a huge supper! So instead, I tried to balance my calories with a Mardi Gras King Cake and the cookbook’s Classic Spinach Salad. Cake & salad?? Sounded good to me! (And a slight improvement over ringing in yesterday’s Chinese New Year with chips, dip, & fixing a clogged sink, ay?) At the last minute, Travis ended up joining me for dinner, but was none too pleased with my peculiar food combination. He played along though, and ended up loving it!! (I think I won him over with my flashy presentation skills.) HAPPY MARDI GRAS, Y’ALL!!
~Rating of Classic Spinach Salad: 8 stars (out of 10). -The dressing was incredible. I totally see why it was featured in Bon Appetit magazine.
~Quote of the day: "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground." -Author Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment