Saturday, February 6, 2010

Recipe #8: Dinner in the snow? Sure, why not.


After swinging in to "Freezin' For A Reason" (Haiti earthquake fundraiser), we continued with the FREEZING theme by playing in the snow piled high in our backyard. And ya know what? It really is cold out! But after my dad made a "mountain" a few days ago (complete with a flag at the top) I was very enthusiastic about making my own snow creation! So I persuaded Travis to help me build a fun little igloo. Yes, an IGLOO!! Ha! Haven't done that since my dad & I made one when I was in elementary school. Also, the ice-cold snow was a great place to chill our Oysters Rockefeller! We love oysters, and these were incredibly good. In fact, they received our highest rating in the cookbook so far. The only bad part with these succulent hors d'oeuvres is how they took a long time to prepare, and a very short time to consume! The hollandaise sauce, especially, was very intricate. It not only required the butter foam to be removed, but to be an exact temperature as well! (Good thing Travis worked on that cause I'm pretty notorious for skipping the "unnecessary" parts.) We slurped those puppies down with a little pinot grigio & framboise lindemans, so we were in seventh heaven...... Aaaaah, yes. I love easy breezy Saturday afternoons. And now, we're heading to the Ramona Quimby play at Venture Theater. -A brilliant ending to a light-hearted day!
~Rating of Oysters Rockefeller: 8 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." -Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
~Music while cooking: Bellydance Superstars Vol IV (in lieu of the belly dance performance Jamie & I went to last night -shimmy shimmy, sway, swing, roll!!)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the belly dancer! She was good! I just cannot imagine exposing my belly to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jamie & I are considering some bellydancing classes. And of course we're signing you up as well! :)

    ReplyDelete