Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recipe #20: American Pie-athon



A marathon of American Pie movies, just screams for homemade pie, doesn't it? As does this original, one-of-a-kind, vintage-inspired Puddin' Tane apron! So, in between "one time at band camp" stories and the song "Into The Mystic" (which was our first dance at our wedding, and yes, we really did select it from the American Pie series), I whipped up the cookbook's cherry pie. Add a dollop of vanilla bean icecream & my 1950's housewife dress, and we were ready for an afternoon of laughs! Oh and, lets not forget Travis' current obsession. Move over Orbitz gum, this guy is now in love with Perrier Sparkling Mineral Water with lime. He even called me at work yesterday with the "emergency" of running out of this beverage, and then called again to say he got my mom to bring him some! :) I was cracking up; he's had 10 large bottles in the last 4 days!!
~Rating of Cherry Pie: 8 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "We'll just tell your mother that... we ate it all." -American Pie.
~Music while cooking: Led Zeppelin's IV, and American Pie I.

No comments:

Post a Comment