Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recipes #16 & #17: big juicy steaks

On such a pleasant Saturday, we selected a meal that complimented our easygoing feeling; sundried tomato steaks and the mushroom/pepper sauté. Beef is actually a rare occurance for us, since we almost always eat wildgame, so off to Albertsons I went for some fresh cuts. This was after a lovely morning with my mom, spent visiting Uncle Ed & cousin RaeNell and shopping at World Market & Birds Unlimited. My good mood carried on at the store. "Two for one on the sirloin steaks?" I asked the butcher. Yep, it was my lucky day. He wrapped 'em up, I finished my shopping, and Travis & I goofed around in the kitchen making the two recipes. And boy were they good. We served them on paperplates with plastic utensils, being as our dishwasher took a dive. Normally I don't mind doing dishes by hand, mainly because I have a fantastic set of diva dishwashing gloves, but my darling husband detests this particular chore. So until we select our new appliance, we're trying to cut down on the amount of dishes we actually use. No plastic frying pans? Darn it anyhow, we just can't escape that sink full of soapy suds to scrub away the grime. (Although we have worked out a great "he wash/I dry" system.) And, after all this talk of doing dishes, we didn't even do any after this meal! Ha! I'm sure our dishes didn't mind waiting til today for a bath, being as we had people to see & places to be! We went our separate ways for the night; Travis hung out with the boys doing ranchwork in Silesia, MT and I went with the girls to the Scottish play Brigadoon. Which by the way, was a high school production, and they did a marvelous job! Strange to wander Skyview's halls after SIXTEEN years (oh my), but fun to reminisce with my BFFs. And I'm gonna keep an eye out for future high school musicals, cause what an inexpensive form of entertainment we've stumbled upon! Everyone joked this could become a little creepy, at age 34, to hang out at high schools. But how fun, for a mere $8, to sing along with some Grease numbers! Or any other catchy tunes I may find..... ("Uh well-a well-a well-a HUH! Tell me more, tell me more. Like does he have a car...." -I just can't get that song outa my head!)
~Rating of sundried tomato steaks: 7.5 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of the mushroom pepper sauté: 7.5 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "I'm highly attracted to you. Why, when I look at you I feel wee tadpoles jumping in my spine." -Meg in Brigadoon.









2 comments:

  1. I really like Travis's smile or smirk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was being goofy.......... :)

    ReplyDelete