Sunday, April 11, 2010

Recipes #31 & #32: ribs to DYE for



(62 recipes to go.)
Starting the morning off with sneaking food coloring into Travis' milk, I've been playing with dye throughout most of today! After a yum-a-licious breakfast of turkey sausage & french toast (weird, its the first time I ever recall making this common treat), I anxiously started a dye project. Inspired by a blog I once saw, I was in the mood to turn a BLAH WHITE BLOUSE into a beautiful shade of SPRING COLOR. My creative creation began with sifting through Goodwill's throw-backs to the 70's & pieces reminiscent of The Golden Girls, until finally coming across a white top worthy of some transformation. For a mere $3.99! (I do love thrifty finds. Check out Mr. Thrifty for groceries & ReStore for home improvements; some of Billings' best deals!) I selected RIT dye for $1.66, simmered my shirt on the stove, and was thrilled with the vibrant outcome! It went well with another economically-wise find, a soft pink cardi for $5.99, and a guardian angel pin my mother gave me. Just in time for "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs!" Travis was the chef on these succulent St. Louis-Style Ribs, while I made salads & homemade fries (some baked, some fried). Supper was finger-lickin' good tonight! And, I didn't stop with this one dye job, stay tuned for more of my "white to color makeovers!"
~Rating of French Toast: 8 stars (out of 10). We added some dehydrated strawberries to the corn flake crust for an extra bit of sweetness.
~Rating of St. Louis-Style Ribs: 8 starts (out of 10).
~Quote of the day: "Do not look back & ask why, look forward & ask why not." -Brett Favre.
~Music while cooking: Erin McDougald's Auburn Collection, & Aerosmith's Greatest Hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment