Monday, May 10, 2010

Recipe #40: Montana Women's Run

(54 recipes to go.)
Just 15 weeks after my mom's heart attack, I am ecstatic, impressed, & proud she joined my friends & I for the 2010 MT Women's Run. (And we were also blessed with BEAUTIFUL blue skies too, after a week of horrendous wind, rain, & SNOW!) To provide us with a special treat on this monumental day, I baked a Sour Cream Coffee Cake the night before as Travis & I were making our very own Yellow Fin Tuna Sushi. (That was good too!) On the morning of race day, my mom & I gobbled up a sliver of the cake with blueberries & strawberries. Mmm, so moist, light, & scrumptious! And apparently Ma liked it better than I thought! She joked about it on the phone last night, "I've been waiting all day for you to bring me another piece of that cake." As if I'm a mind reader! HA! Of course the cake is long gone by now. But since it is so easy to make, I'm gonna bake her another & bring it over for Survivor this Thursday. She'll be pleased, I'm sure.
~Rating of Sour Cream Coffee Cake: 8 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of Moose Drool, a local brew recommended by the cookbook, that I had before the Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper concert earlier in the week: 7 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back & realize they were the big things." -Robert Brault
~Music while cooking: Nine soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment