Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recipe #49: huckleberry swirl cheesecake

(45 more recipes to go.)
Okay, I did read this recipe beforehand and knew it would be time-consuming. So I tried to plan accordingly! But sometimes life just gets in the way.... Since I was at the office longer than anticipated, I ended up having to set my alarm and finish the final baking step at 1:30 in the morning! Well worth it though; this dessert was pretty darn scrumptious. Last year we had a big reunion on my dad's side of the family, and this year it was on my mom's side of the family. -Perfect event to take my rich, homemade, Huckleberry Swirl Cheesecake! As I mingled with cousins I hadn't seen in a long while, I licked every last crumb on my plate. Mmm, mmm. And among our jam-packed schedule, we left this get-together (which was also a baby shower) to quickly catch a wedding on my dad's side of the family. What a busy day! This next event happened to be along the Yellowstone River at Oscar's Dreamland, at the exact location Travis & I got married. Just 12 days shy of our wedding date, so obviously we took some 5-year anniversary photos on this beautiful-sunshiny-birds chirping-Sunday-afternoon. Lovely, just lovely.
~Rating of Huckleberry Swirl Cheesecake: 6 stars (out of 10) from Pa, 7.5 stars from cousin Jody, 8 stars from Ma, 7 stars from Travis, & 8 stars from me.
~Quotes of the day: "The heart in love never grows old." -Turkish Proverb I put on the wedding gift. "Love makes the world go round." -French Proverb I put on the baby gift.
~Music while cooking: Funk Volume 2.






No comments:

Post a Comment