Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recipe #56: organic day

(38 recipes to go.)
Finally made it to Farmer's Market! I loaded up on fresh produce, visited with friends, then continued shopping at Good Earth Market. A great Saturday morning! With the magic of my wand and a twitch from my nose, I turned the au naturale ingredients into a scrumptious Berry Cobbler! Mostly used blueberries, but threw in some blackberries as well. This is something I will most definately make again; it is that good. I took it to a BBQ/Bday party at the Caseys, and watched it get gobbled up really quick! Good thing a piece was saved for Travis cause he absolutely loved it after his long horseback ride into the Beartooth Mountains. (He & some buddies did a benefit ride they had auctioned off at a fundraiser awhile back.) His pictures turned out gorgeous! I was entertained by the tales he told while devouring the cobbler. One of which was a fish caught at Keyser Brown Lake that had a tail sticking out of its mouth. Upon close examination, it was confirmed the fish had swallowed a mouse!
~Rating of Berry Cobbler: 8.5 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." -John Wayne.
~Music while cooking: Jackyl's When Moonshine & Dynamite Collide.

No comments:

Post a Comment