Thursday, December 23, 2010

Macaroons: Take 3

I paid close attention during my previous attempts at making Chico macaroons (in Recipe #48 & Macaroons Take 2). These observations have nudged me into using less egg whites this go around. And it did help immensely to thicken them up. Plus, I really beat the heck out of 'em!
Took these lil goodies to Chuck E Cheese with my hubby's younger siblings. (Mmm... pizza, pop, cookies, & games is a great combo.) The macaroons turned out much better this time, but not quite perfect. With even less egg whites and more beating, I think they'll turn out the way I'm picturing they should look. I shall give it one more college try...
~Rating of Macaroons: 7 stars (out of 10)-- That rating is improving!
~Quote of the day: "Insanity: doing the same thing over & over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein
~Music while cooking: Tyrese's 66901-2-4-1

No comments:

Post a Comment