Sunday, January 16, 2011

lovin' the lamb

Tried out an Italian lamb soup recipe from one of my co-workers this afternoon. (Its absolutely FANTASTIC!) Accompanied it with lamb chops, using the cookbook's Rack of Lamb recipe we find to be OUTSTANDING. I'm tellin' ya, we are complete fans of that sweet meat. Travis even ordered some barbequed lamb at a new restaurant this weekend and it was INCREDIBLE as well. A huge THANK YOU to the Chico Cookbook for introducing us to this delectable treat...
And I must share. Here's the lamb soup recipe:
Over moderate heat, warm 3 tbsp olive oil. Add 1 carrot (peeled & chopped), 1 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped celery, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, & 3 garlic cloves (chopped). (I added waaaaay more, just cause I do like my veggies.) Stir for 5 min. Add 1 lb ground lamb, mix well to blend the flavors. Stir for 5 min. Add several chopped plum tomatoes. Pour in 48 oz of beef broth. Season to taste. I used A LOT of salt & pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat, & let simmer for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and toast some slices of course country bread until golden brown. Place in bottom of bowls & ladle the soup over slices.
~Rating of Lamb Chops: 10 stars (out of 10)-- We've referred to this indulgence in Recipes #12, #27, #44, & #79.
~Quote of the day: "To have courage for whatever comes in life.- COURAGE- Everything lies in that." -St. Teresa of Avila (on a plaque I got from Paige yesterday)
~Music while cooking: jazz (Erin McDougald's Meeting Places) & football (the playoffs)

No comments:

Post a Comment