Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recipe #80: Oh Deer

(14 recipes to go.)
Still flying high from the birthday party my husband, parents, & bestest friends surprised me with at Chuck E Cheese this weekend (yayy me!)... last night I began marinating the Grilled Medallions. And actually, I'm a little surprised sleepiness didn't overtake me, being as the looooong day was spent in Helena for work. (I think that Chuck E Cheese giddiness will carry me through this entire week!) But I'd already thawed the meat, so figured I better get it going once I got home. (Plus, I was totally excited to wear my adorable new apron from Brenda!) Recipe originally called for antelope, although I used deer instead. A deer Travis got while hunting with co-worker Chris & brother Hunter this fall. Baked it tonight, but had just a small sampling since I leave for Bunco in a few minutes. The meal is intended for leftovers cut-up in a salad tomorrow. I swear, we're really trying to eat healthier!
And here's another repeat recipe: On the morning of my birthday, hubby woke early to surprise me with french toast. This was scrumptious, and he did an EXCELLENT job of presenting it with pork sausage, scrambled eggs, orange juice, caramel coffee, carnations, a necklace, & our special lil candle that sings happy birthday. Thanks Babe. :)
~Rating of Grilled Medallions: 8.5 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of french toast (we had this before in Recipe #31): 8 stars (out of 10)
~Quotes of the day: "I think I deserve something beautiful." -Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love (I watched that again last week.)
"Most people just want to live a fun life. If they had a chance to do it again, they would prefer to live an interesting life. And if they got a final crack at it, they would choose to live a good life... So do all three at once." -Andrew Gottlieb in Drink Play F@#k, a parody of Gilbert's novel I got from Jamie. (Just started reading it a couple nights ago.)
~Music while cooking: Guns N Roses' Appetite For Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment