Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recipe #82: Throw anotha shrimp on the bahbie!

(12 recipes to go.)
One thing I wish the Chico Cookbook had more of is PICTURES. Sometimes I'm just not sure I'm doing the recipes right, as in the case of today's Shrimp Chesapeake. It ended up tasting tasty, but I'm questioning whether or not I wrapped the crab-mixture around the shrimp the way the recipe intended?? Oh well. I tried!
Made these lil crustaceans while Travis was coyote hunting with his buddy Clayton, then we nibbled on 'em while watching the Packers beat the Bears at Soldier Field that evening. The Chicago crowd's freezing breath looked reminiscent to last year when we bundled up in several layers at that very stadium. BRRR!!
~Rating of Shrimp Chesapeake: 7.5 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Train yourself to move away from what hurts you & move toward what feels good." -Danielle Barone
~Music while cooking: football (championship games). Putumayo's Music From the Wine Lands when heating up leftovers the next day. --This recipe is not good reheated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment