Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe #83: Shmokin'!

(11 recipes to go.)




With big, fluffy snowflakes dancing the tango in the wind, it was a perfect wintery afternoon to simmer a Smoked Chicken Corn Chowder on the stove. This was no simple task though, with 41 cooking steps ahead of me, I wore my apron like a super-hero cape & channeled Julia Child to get the job done! Travis smoked the chicken, while I chopped, diced, & julienned the veggies. Tasty, warm, soothing. It did indeed shake off those cold bitter temps.

And since I'm still thinking about it, as we were doing a little babysitting last night (with Lil Lizzy) we made our first recipe in the Quarterback Killer Cookbook (written by Jared Allen, MN Viking #69). Of course we'll make his scrumptious fish tacos again! It felt like a Saturday night indulgence, but without much effort. Had we cranked up the heat, it may have felt like vacation! Olé! ~Rating of Smoked Chicken Corn Chowder: 7 stars (out of 10) ~Quotes of the day: "The mullet helps when you hunt because the animals think you're one of them." -Jared Allen

"You know how I feel about tacos. Its the only food shaped like a smile." -from TV sitcom My Name is Earl
~Music while cooking: Varsity Blues soundtrack, and Bob Marley & the Wailers' Legend


No comments:

Post a Comment