- read books in the family cabin
- counted elk & deer near Dailey Lake
- drove into a delicate pink sunset (I swear one dark mountain peak resembled a volcano with a big cloudburst of fuchsia lava coming out the top... But my hubby didn't quite share my imagination...)
- convinced a guy to buy the Chico Cookbook while Travis was getting a hat in the giftshop
- experienced the local Emigrant nightlife
- played a super fun bowling video game
- spent a small fortune selecting songs on a jukebox
- briefly looked for "Percie The Ghost" in the resort's hallways (as described in Recipe #72)
- dined on mouth-watering fantastic oysters in the half-shell, rack of lamb, & a buffalo ribeye at Chico's rustic restaurant. Mmmm..... Also got a complimentary piece of french silk pie, which I'm not sure was because of the valentine weekend or to make up for Travis scraping an overabundance of seasoning off his steak. Either way, it made for a delightful breakfast the next morning.
Before venturing home, we made some Smoked Trout with Almond Dill Cream Cheese & Tomato Relish layered on french bread. This was a scrumptious repeat recipe (from Recipe #81), but this time we used trout instead of salmon. (Travis had caught the trout while icefishing with his dad at Cooney Dam earlier this winter and smoked it while working on Recipe #83.)
And being as we have just a handful of recipes remaining in the cookbook, this was most likely our last trip to Chico Hot Springs Resort while doing this blog. We of course haven't yet done everything Chico has to offer. We look forward to future trips where we actually rent a room or cabin on sight, relax at the Chico Day Spa, ride the horses, check out the dogsled, etc. etc. etc. There's so much we are anxious to experience!
~Rating of Smoked Trout with Almond Dill Cream Cheese & Tomato Relish: 8.5 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of Fennel Breadsticks cooked by Chico: 7.5 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of House Salad & Iceburg Wedge: 7 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of Oysters On The Half-Shell: 9.5 stars (out of 10)- These were extreeeeemely great with a dab of cocktail sauce mixed in.
~Rating of Blackened Buffalo Ribeye with mashed potatoes & asparagus: 3 stars (out of 10)- Would have been a MUCH higher rating if there was WAY less salt & seasoning on it.
~Rating of Rack Of Lamb with boild potatoes & asparagus: 9 stars (out of 10)
~Rating of French Silk Pie: 9.5 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
~Music while cooking: None. Just Travis & I visiting.