Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipe #89: seafood dinner kicks off the work-week


(5 recipes to go.)
This was one of those busy days where Travis & I don't actually see each other with our overlapping schedules. We ate this dish separately, but both enjoyed it! Sole en croute, or Halibut en croute rather, was delicious and pretty easy to make (the recipe said any white fish could be substituted, and since I had halibut in the freezer, that's what I opted to use). The most time-consuming part was the artistic flair of decorating the puff pastry to look like an actual fish. Accompanied with crab cakes & steamed asparagus, this meal was one of the highlights of my Monday. -Along with the beautiful scrapbook page I made in class, of course...
~Rating of Halibut En Croute: 6 stars (out of 10)
~Quote of the day: "Tend to your relationships like a gardener, you must occasionally pull out the weeds before they take over." -Anonymous
~Music while cooking: none

No comments:

Post a Comment